The (non-)training plan.

Okay-dokie! So things in the world of my off-season and triathlon planning haven’t exactly been up to par. The last time I did anything counting as physical exercise and activity would have been … um … last Friday? Of course, that’s if you’ll let me count cleaning the house with moderate intensity. Oh, ouch.

Well, that’s okay. Vince Lombardi once said, “It’s not whether you get knocked down; it’s whether you get back up.” Well, I’m up … I’m just not back on–yet.


It’s still going to be a little while before I’m back in the saddle or doing any consistent running plan as far as I can figure. I just don’t have enough money to let me have enough time. I’m still working two jobs at 36 hours a week and going to school full-time. I have to admit that I’m pretty tired and (mentally) exhausted. I wish I was physically exhausted, as well. At least then I’d sleep very soundly. Oh, well.

The good news is that I’m getting closer to seeing an end to the miserable bind. I’m crawling and clawing my way back out of the debt that my pending divorce has left me in. I’ve got a handle on this bull and am going to ride him until he’s done and tired and can no longer threaten me. I’m getting there …

The really good news in all of this is that I’ve really come to know who my friends are and how much my family loves and supports me through this. They’ve been very emotionally helpful and it’s great to know that even from 3,000 miles away I can still feel their love and affection. If only love could pay the bills; I wouldn’t need the greenbacks so badly!

0 comments: