The Events Schedule is IN!

Dammit ... I've gotten pudgy again. My own weight gain never really hits me until I'm trying to cram myself into a pair of jeans that used to fit and now suddenly don't.

It's not all bad, though. At least my life is increasingly calmer and more stable. Soon, I hope to be divorced (not just separated), and have a very steady 8-to-5 day in which life is a routine of wake-up, snack, workout, snack, go to work, eat, work, snack, class/workout, eat, vegetate. Most people would call that boring, but I call it sanity! (It beats the current past semesters of wake-up, FREAK OUT, STRESS OUT, eat fast food, work, do homework, go to class, eat fast food, and sleep.)

With the New Year in mind, I've decided it's time to make the time for myself again. I actually started this "New Year's Resolution" back in the first week of December, so I've already hit the ground running (quite literally)! On a side note, I have to say that I like taking the time for ME to go workout; I'm not sure why I don't make it more of a priority. (Oh, yeah ... because SCHOOL demands so much! The good news is that I only have ONE class this semester! Not THREE! Hip-hip-hooray!)

My December recap would note that I was very well-behaved with the food over the holidays and have not only kept up my cardio workouts, but have increased them. A month of sore feet and quads have passed and I'm no longer aching after any of the workouts. I've got base! That means it's time to get back into fitness training.

Therefore, I've mapped out this year's primary events. Assuming nothing cataclysmic happens, I will be participating (not racing) in the following events:

  1. Chico, CA Velo Wildflower (Century) 04-27-2008
  2. NRVBA Cycling Double Header - Wilderness Road Ride (78 mi.) 05-24-2008
  3. NRVBA Burkes Garden (Century) 08-15-2008
  4. The Triathlon at Pacific Grove, CA (Sprint) 09-14-2008
  5. Big Lick Triathlon at Smith Mtn. Lake State Park (Olympic) 09-20-2008
This means I'll be focusing on cardio (cycling) and core/strength training until May. With the completion of the Wilderness Road Ride, I'll start up with swimming and running again. It's just as well. Assuming I can get some kind of 8-to-5 job, I have no idea when I'd be able to go swimming ... I can't do the 8AM morning Masters Swim, so that leaves only the evenings. Ah, I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

0 comments: