Athleticism and Allegories

Not really, but I was struck with the insane idea of writing a poem/limerick about the parallels between my life and triathlons. Don't even bother reading it. (Egad!)

Not really, but I was struck with the insane idea of writing a

poem/limerick about the parallels between my life and triathlongs.

Don't even bother reading it.


Tri-ing Life

I want to be in a better place

at the grocery store,

at the stoplight,

at the start of a race ...


But at the end of a day,

it's a friendship, a love,

an encouraging word

while swimming the bay,

that makes it absurd


How I race to start and start to race,

over and over and over again ...


Because I want to be better,

Light as a feather,


When I should make the case,

to be content with my place


Realising as I go to compete,

I'm finally complete.

0 comments: