My First Time Doing a Threesome!

Tsk, tsk, tsk. Something wicked this way comes ...

I can't believe it's already 12:27 pm and I haven't yet posted about yesterday's experience! Did I or did I not do a triathlon? :P Well, we could always check the overall Pacific Grove Triathlon results to find out ...

But I certainly didn't do my very first triathlon alone! Congrats go to every single one of us ladies from the Tri-Athlon-Fecta group!

Some of us raced incredibly well, some of us were just happy to make it across the finish line! As you may or may not know, I'm not religious in any sense, but I wanted to share this sentiment (regardless of how we raced) from the PG Triathlon program, written by Terry Davis, the Race Director for the event:

"After crossing the line may be the hardest time to be content. If you had your personal best, you will jump up and down and be very content with your results. The real triathlete is the one who lost his goggles on the swim, had a flat tire, cramps on the run and [still] crosses the finish line and says, 'Thank you, God, for the physical, mental, and spiritual ability to just be out here and race.' There are millions of people that would give plenty to be a triathlete."
Excellent job Sam! Way to place 3rd in the 20-24 age division! Great job Diana, placing 22nd in the 25-29 age group and in kicking some serious booty for swim times! Great job Jenn, finishing less than 7 minutes behind me and to us both, finishing w-a-y, w-a-y before closures! And to think, we all were worried when we started training 11 weeks ago! We've all done so well and should be so proud!

(So, when's the next one?)

0 comments: