Week 19, Monday 10/31 - Swim

Happy Halloween!



Training stats for the day's swim ...


Context


City, State: Chico, CA

Location: Chico Sports Club

Course: Pool

Terrain: 25 yards, 80 degrees

Distance and/or Time: 2500 yards, 1 hour 30 minutes

Speed or RPE: 5 (somewhat hard)


Monday, October 31, 2005


The Swim



  • 4 x 100 yards - freestyle easy.

  • 8 x 100 yards - 25 catchup left, 25 catchup right, 25 freestyle left, 25 freestyle right.

  • 50 yards - freestyle easy.

  • 6 x 75 yards - 25 freestyle left, 25 freestyle right, 25 kickboard

  • 4 x 75 yards - 50 kick left/right alternating stroke, 25 freestyle

  • 500 yards - freestyle easy.


Overall


I was afraid of sprints, again. This time, no sprints! I'm starting to enjoy this sport called swimming! Actually, I'm really starting to enjoy it a lot more now that I'm more aware of my body and it's relationship to water. I find that I'm getting better at streamlining. My stroke is improving as I'm working on getting my elbow out of the water first, then following it with my hand. I find that this elbow up-and-out of the water causes me to rotate more, making breathing easier and my body more elongated. If that's possible. I don't know, but sometimes, I thought I might be akin to a fish!

0 comments: