RUN Week 1, Monday 11/7 - Pilates

"I am starting to be able to straighten my legs during the exercises."


Context


City, State: Chico, CA


Location: Chico Sports Club

Course and/or Class: Pilates Mat Class

Terrain: N/A

Distance and/or Time: 45 minutes

Speed or RPE: 5 (somewhat hard)


Friday, November 4, 2005


The Pilates Class



  • C-Curve work

  • Ab Series

  • Back Extensions

  • Hip Series

  • Tabletop

  • Pilates Press & Heart to Sky


Synopsis



  • Upshot: I'm starting to do advanced moves.

  • Downside: I can't hold the advanced moves for more than 5 iterations.

  • What I'm most proud of: That I've not given up!

  • What I would do differently: Buy a pilates or yoga mat of my own.


Overall


I am starting to be able to straighten my legs during the exercises. I've really been getting on stretching after running and pilates and I'm finding that it helps a lot. I also really like how my form is getting better; I can see myself in the mirror and sometimes I egotistically think, "Hey! That good-looking form is me! Ha, ha!" Man, I really like the Pilates mat class. I wish swimming was like this ...

0 comments: