RUN Week 1, Tuesday 11/8 - Spinning (sort of)

"Spinning class was 100% full 5 minutes before it even began."

So here are my training stats for the day's attempt at spinning ...


Context


City, State: Chico, CA


Location: Chico Sports Club

Course: Upright Bikes

Terrain: Around the World, (Level 12)

Distance and/or Time: 1 hour 30 minutes

Speed or RPE: 6 (somewhat harder)


Tuesday, November 1, 2005


The Spinning Class


Was full!


The Upright Bike



  • 60 minutes - Intervals: varying minutes at 3, 5, 7, 8, 9, 10% grade.


Synopsis



  • Upshot: At least we got to workout and to watch the news.

  • Downside: It was hot and seemed to take forever.

  • What I'm most proud of: I did 3 minutes of hardcore sprinting at the end (120+ RPM).

  • What I would do differently: Get a Spinning reservation!


Overall


Spinning class was 100% full 5 minutes before it even began. (It's winter. Ah-hahhhhh!) Apparantly, you either need to show up darn early and get a stamp, or

get a reservation 24 hours in advance and get stamped. Sam and I had

neither. Bummer! So we decided we didn't want to run in our chamois, and since she didn't bring her swimsuit, we could really only ride something. So, we grabs two of the upright bikes and hopped on. Boy. The upright bike ... Sucks. Big Time. It feels like it's crawling into your lap. There's

no room to stretch out, your legs are directly underneath/in front of

you, and the gigantic cushy seat is the most uncomfortable thing in the

world. I never thought I'd ever hear myself say, "I wish I had one of

those hard, skinny seats to ride." (I think I could probably classify myself as a cyclist at this point. Scary!) I'm so getting myself a reservation!

0 comments: