RUN Week 2, Monday 11/14 - Swim

"Why is it that I swim better without my coach there?"


Context


City, State: Chico, CA

Location: Chico Sports Club

Course: Pool

Terrain: 25 yards, 80 degrees

Distance and/or Time: 2000 yards, 1 hour 30 minutes

Speed or RPE: 8.5 (very hard)


Monday, November 14, 2005


The Swim



  • 5 x 100 yards - freestyle easy.

  • 5 x 25 yards - freestyle streamliners.

  • 5 x 25 yards - breastroke streamliners.

  • 5 x 25 yards - butterfly streamliners.

  • 50 yards - kickboard.

  • 3 x 75 yards - 25 freestyle right, 25 freestyle left, 25 kick left/right.

  • 10 x 25 yards - freestyle sprints, 30 seconds each.

  • 10 x 25 yards - freestyle springs, 40 seconds each.

  • 3 x 100 yards - freestyle easy.


Synopsis



  • Upshot: Evening swim. Relaxed but rearing to go!

  • Downside: No coach b/c I missed morning Masters!

  • What I'm most proud of: I suggested sprints (and DID THEM!)

  • What I would do differently: Have had the coach there in disbelief over me suggesting and doing the sprints w/o complaint! Ha!


Overall


Why is it that I swim better without my coach there? I really do. My form is good, my pacing is good, even my willingness to do the ungodly acts of sprints turns out good. Go figure. Must be mental. Anyway, it was a killer, killer, swim. My arms ached so much that I was having trouble holding the hair dryer! Ha, ha! But it felt so good and I was so proud of Sam and I. We went all out without even being asked to. Oh, yeah. We be the Uffda Girls!

0 comments: