RUN Week 3, Sunday 11/20 - Swim

"Did I mention that I'm on vacation ... and working harder than ever?"


Context


City, State: Blacksburg, VA

Location: Blacksburg Aquatic Center

Course: Pool

Terrain: 25 yards, 80 degrees

Distance and/or Time: 1500 yards, 1 hour

Speed or RPE: 6 (somewhat harder)


Sunday, November 20, 2005


The Swim



  • 4 x 100 yards - freestyle easy.

  • 50 yards - kickboard.

  • 10 x 25 yards - freestyle sprints, 40 seconds each.

  • 50 yards - kickboard.

  • 3 x 100 yards - 25 freestyle right, 25 freestyle left, 25 kick left, 25 kick right.

  • 50 yards - kickboard.

  • 400 yards - freestyle easy.


Synopsis



  • Upshot: I found the local swimming pool.

  • Downside: Freaky swimming in a new pool!

  • What I'm most proud of: That I showed up with hubby in tow!

  • What I would do differently: Try to relax more.


Overall


Good, but tough swim. Found the Aquatic Center around here, paid my $3 fee, and swam for an hour while hubby "splashed around" (his words). I wanted to do more sprints, but couldn't find the energy or the strength! Whew! What a workout it was!

0 comments: