Week 18, Sunday 10/23 - Swim

Training stats for the day's swim ...


Context


City, State: Chico, CA

Location: Sacramento River

Course: loops in an eddy pool

Terrain: swift current

Distance and/or Time: 1 hour

Speed or RPE: 7 (hard)


Sunday, October 23, 2005


The Swim



  • 10 x 50 yards - 25 freestyle against current, 25 breaststroke with current


Overall


The water is COLD. All the fishermen that were there standing around were staring at Sam and I. She was in her wetsuit, and I was going standalone with my suit! Whoowheee! The water is not as cold as Tahoe Lake, but it wasn't exactly warm and welcoming. I wouldn't spend more than an hour in that river and I definitely wouldn't go alone! The current is strong and kinda' freaky! But it was really good to practice sighting and to get a feel for external forces (like currents and floaty-things). The ride to and from the swim was perfect since it warmed up the muscles both ways. Good swim in the end.

0 comments: