Week 19, Wednesday, 11/2 - Swim

Training stats for the day's swim ...


Context


City, State: Chico, CA

Location: Chico Sports Club

Course: Pool

Terrain: 25 yards, 80 degrees

Distance and/or Time: 2500 yards, 1 hour 30 minutes

Speed or RPE: 6 (somewhat harder)


Wednesday, November 2, 2005


The Swim



  • 5 x 100 yards - freestyle easy.

  • 8 x 100 yards - 50 kick left/right alternating stroke, 25 freestyle, 25 kickboard.

  • 50 yards - kickboard.

  • 8 x 75 yards - 25 breaststroke, 25 backstroke, 25 kickboard.

  • 50 yards - kickboard.

  • 500 yards - freestyle easy.


Synopsis



  • Upshot: No coach today! I can swim at my own pace.

  • Downside: No coach today. It's hard to come up with your own workout AND do math in the morning.

  • What I'm most proud of: That I swam the whole 1.5 hours better than usual. (No pressure!)

  • What I would do differently: Nothing. I was smokin'!


Overall


How is it that my coach actually seems to make me a worse swimmer? I mean, he's great b/c he pushes me to be faster and to improve my stroke. But how come I can never swim well when he's there? I'm always self-conscious, apparantly. I choke up, get tired, fatigue, and generally don't swim so well. Today, he wasn't there and I was sleek, fast, and felt better and pushed harder than usual. I also felt less tired. Do I have a problem with authority? Does that derail my concentration and when left to my own, I am focused on competing only with myself? Or is it just that I didn't push past my current limitations and just enjoyed my current abilites and state? Something to ponder ...

0 comments: