Takin' it Easy, yet Back in the Saddle

I've taken Thursday and Friday off from workouts due to a nasty head cold and general malaise. I slept a lot in the hours that I would normally be working or working out. I feel 1000% better for it. I awoke with only a runny nose this morning--the head congestion has bid adieu! I spent the better part of the morning getting a little extra sleep and then around 2pm started chores around the house. Aside from a bit of dizziness, I feel pretty grand. After a protein-heavy, light-carbohydrate breakfast, tons of water, and some more chores (ironing while watching Top Gear), by 6pm I felt confident enough to head out for an easy ride.

I grabbed Amelia and decided to go out Glade to Merrimac and back on Prices Fork. I was careful not to push too hard and to keep it in Zone 3 or less. I have to say that I do still have a bit of a scratchy, sore throat. (That was quickly apparent as I am still breathing through my mouth because of the runny nose.) Other than that, I think I'm nearly 100% again. It's amazing how R&R really can and does work wonders.

2 comments:

E-Dub said...

Hi Amber! I just wanted to stop in to say hello. I'm glad that you are feeling better. Getting sick during a training period is the worst. I'm also glad to be in touch with you again. Take care and talk to you soon!

Lisa said...

That's great! I'm glad you were feeling better. The fresh air probably felt good too.