The workouts continueth ...

It's still busy at work (now I'm conducting training 8-5 Tues-Thur), but at least I'll likely leave by 5pm today to do a super slow social/family ride with friends and co-workers. I rode 33 miles on Saturday and it nearly killed me. I was the slowest (and most tired) one in the group. It's been awhile since I've been *that* person. Oh, well. We all start somewhere, right? Despite being dead last and all, I still had a great time and took Sunday OFF to also sleep in (love those lazy Sundays!)

So, Monday I woke up too late to workout and then I worked really late and figured I'd just skip a workout day. Then, I found out that I had missed the last bus home and my boyfriend was also stuck at work. That meant I was either going to have to walk home or run home. Since I keep a stash of workout clothes and shoes at my office, I figured, "What the hell, let's run!" I donned the clothes and left my office and started jogging home. It was actually really awesome, except for the hailstorm 10 minutes into my run. (Ouch!) I should've known by the thundering rainclouds ... which followed shortly with big, fat, juicy drops of rain. :) In less than 2 minutes, I was SOAKED head-to-toe and still had a mile-and-a-half to go. At least it was a warm rain ... and I wasn't all hot and sticky when I was done. :D

Today, I woke up at 5:30 AM feeling lazy and was just about to go back to sleep when had this horrible half-awake/half-asleep realization: gaining 20 lbs. in 2 years means I'd be a huge disappointment to my friends and family back home. Following that thought was a phrase I like to repeat to myself, "If You Keep Doing the Same Thing, You'll Keep Getting the Same Result" Needless to say, I'm still not as heavy as before and I'm certainly more fit at my current weight then when I was previously at this weight. I'm ready for this change. It was all I needed to get my butt outta' bed and into my workout clothes. I got to the gym and lifted weights for an hour in the BodyPUMP course. It was great and I'm glad I went. Now, if only I'd stop being so hungry at lunchtime! (*grumbly belly*)

2 comments:

Lisa said...

How did the ride go?

You don't have to rock star with the workouts, just a rolling stone. :)

Amber D. (Evans) Marcu, Ph.D. said...

The ride was more climbing then I remembered it being, but it was good overall. It was followed by food at a restaurant, so that always helps! :)